July 23, 2015
Dear Colleague in Student Affairs:
Welcome to the website of the Association for Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities (ASACCU). ASACCU is an independent organization and is affiliated with the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU).
ASACCU was founded in 1999 by a group of student affairs practitioners working at Catholic colleges and universities in the United States. The purpose of the organization is to provide an opportunity for communication and collegiality among student affairs professionals who work at Catholic institutions of higher education.
ASACCU provides opportunities to increase knowledge and understanding of the Catholic intellectual tradition, as well as opportunities to discuss how to apply that understanding in the day-to-day work with students on campus. ASACCU functions as both a resource and network for student affairs professionals seeking ways to inform professional practice on each of our campuses, integrating the ideals of Ex Corde Ecclesiae and the Gospel message that underlies each of our institutions. We seek to strengthen the Catholic identity, mission, and vision of our institutions through our efforts in student affairs.
Thanks to your commitment, ASACCU contributes both to the individual colleges that are members and to Catholic higher education in general. Our membership includes 168 Catholic colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.
So, here are some of the benefits of ASACCU membership . . .
• An annual conference at the end of July, at low cost for you and your team, on Catholic identity and its articulation within student life initiatives
• Annual meeting in November of senior student affairs officers, which serves as an opportunity to share experiences and explore issues with colleagues in a small setting
• Provide a voice to ACCU regarding the important work of student affairs at Catholic colleges and universities
• Website resources and an annual directory to facilitate the on-going communication of our members
• Educational opportunities, for example. ASACCU was instrumental in publishing the Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities in 2007 and its second edition with diagnostic queries in 2010.
We appreciate your support and participation in ASSACU. If we can be of any help to you or your staff, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kathleen J. Byrnes, Esq.
Chair, ASACCU Board of Directors
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085
Phone: (610) 519-4550